Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 5 - Crummy Day

So today has been a bit of a crummy day.  All started well and I made a plan to go a on good bike ride.  I got everything ready, swapped pedals on my bike and tightened the but on my crank-arm.  Or so I thought.  I started riding and just like all the other days my crank-arm came loose, in less than half a mile.  Turns out my junkie old bike with junkie old components was broken-ish.  Since my bike is old none of the new stuff will work on it and anything new would simply cost more than the bike itself.  
To remedy this it was suggested I visit a place called the Bike Kitchen.  They have tons of old junk and will help you fix whatever you need on your bike.  Kinda of the Pick'n'Pull of the bike world plus some moderately experienced volunteer help.  Of course by the time I get there at 2:30 they've closed.  I now have to wait til noon tomorrow to try and fix my bike.  
Also, since when does Roseville have LA traffic at 3!  I-80 was in gridlock for no good reason!  Really aggravating day running around trying to fix a piece of junk and going no where.


All in all a waste of a day.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  I can only hope so.  Good thing I have a 12 pack of Red Hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment